Skip to main content

I got a TikTok Viewer Job Offer from Skyrocket Studio Ph- Scam or Not?

Earlier today, I got a message on my Whatsapp and telling me to become a TikTok Viewer with an attractive salary and commission. The message says it's a part-time job and I can work from Home. Legit or not?

So I ask the sender who he/she is and how did she manage to get my Whatsapp number. She told me she was from Skyrocket Studio Ph  and she got my number from Whatsapp, Linkedin and/or Telegram. She's not sure actually where she got my number. Then I took to Google and search for the said company and saw a legit website:

"We are a fresh, dynamic group of caffeine-fueled individuals inspired to deliver results through smart solutions.

We’re an entrepreneurial bunch with expertise in creative technology, digital marketing, content & business strategy, web development, design, and social media."

Then the Manager told me to install Telegram and this time I am not sure if  I am chatting with two different people from Whatsapp and Telegram. The so-called manager ask me to provide my Account Name and GCash Number as they say they will give me a sign in bonus of P100.00

Post Update: My last conversation with the so-called Manager after I refused to join the Sales Task since I have to send them through GCash some amount of money which I don't understand  the connection with the job of watching Tiktok videos. I was actually kick-out of the group by the Manager. They may not actually be connected to Skyrocket Studio Ph since the said website seems to be legit.
If you do not complete the sales task I will invite you out of the group because that is the system's policy
when you are ready let me know so the expert can guide you and register you as a full-time employee and give you a raise.



I got a TikTok Viewer Job Offer from Skyrocket Studio Ph- Scam or Not?

I got a TikTok Viewer Job Offer from Skyrocket Studio Ph- Scam or Not?

I got a TikTok Viewer Job Offer from Skyrocket Studio Ph- Scam or Not?

 It was not me who actually got scammed because they send me P250 pesos via GCash after I watched some TikTok videos :)
 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a scam and a very good one at that. I got scammed for 5,000 pesos today. Just like yourself, I don't normally get scammed, but these people are good. The first task at 1,600.00 I did get a refund for, my mistake was I took another task for 5,000.00 and that's where it all went south for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's exactly the sale task that they are talking about. I sent a message to skyrocket ph and told me, they don't have such job offer of tiktok viewer.

      Delete
    2. At least you didn't choose to go for 20k :)

      Delete
    3. The people behind this may not be Filipinos at all. I can tell because they can not respond in Filipino and their use of English is not very good and sounded to be just their 2nd language. They seem to be foreign operators probably Chinese or Russians, but that's just my 2 cents there. I reached out to the NBI by sending them an email, but I did not get any response yet.

      Delete
    4. Yes and the question here is from where they get our mobile number

      Delete
  3. Not so sure about that. But I do have a LinkedIn account with an associated mobile number.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Admin / IHeartKapuso! Thank you for bringing this to light on your blog!

    This is Patrick Cuartero, CEO at Skyrocket Studios PH.

    We've actually posted on our socials and through our bot about this a few times.

    This is definitely a scam, and is DEFINITELY NOT from Skyrocket Studios PH. In fact, we're not even sure why they chose us as the face for their scam? (Maybe it's because we have, in fact, been actively hiring...but we'd never ask anyone to pay US for a job haha).

    Glad to hear that you didn't get scammed, but so sorry to those that were (@Prinbark!).

    If things seem fishy, especially with strangers online, they probably are - with personal / sensitive information OR cash.

    Be informed! Be safe!

    Thank you again so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mr. Cuartero; Thank you for the additional information about Skyrocket Studios PH. Good Luck!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad to hear that your company does not engage in such practices. However, the message I received was convincing enough to make me believe it was from Skyrocket Studios PH. It's important to raise awareness about such scams, and I appreciate your efforts in doing so.

    As we both agree, falling victim to a scam is no laughing matter. It can be a very distressing experience for those who have been affected.

    I understand that your company may have also been negatively affected by this scam. Not only does it damage the reputation of your company, but it also has the potential to cause you to lose potential clients who may have been deterred by the scam. I appreciate your efforts to raise awareness and prevent others from falling victim to this type of fraudulent activity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

7,171 passed the October 2012 Criminologist Board Exam

7,171 passed the October 2012 Criminologist Board Exam as announced by PRC on November 16-Friday. The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announces that 7,171 out of 22,289 passed the Criminologist Licensure Examination given by the Board of Criminology in the cities of Manila, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Tacloban, Tuguegarao and Zamboanga last October 2012. The result of examination with respect to one (1) examinee was withheld pending final determination of his liabilities under the rules and regulations governing licensure examination. The date and venue for the oathtaking ceremony of the new successful examinees in the said examination WILL BE ANNOUNCED LATER. View the October 2012 Criminologist Board Exam Top 10, click here! Roll of Successful Examinees in the CRIMINOLOGIST LICENSURE EXAMINATION Held on OCTOBER 27, 2012 & FF. DAYS Page: 2 of 145 Released on NOVEMBER 16, 2012 Seq. No. N a m e 1 ABABA, RENANTE CABANATAN 2 ABAD,...

Most Loved Dog Breed in the Philippines- Netizens Choice

What is the Most Popular dog breed in the Philippines? Shih-Tzu, Pomeranian and Aspin are some of the most loved dog breeds in the Philippines. They say having a fur baby at home makes us feel happy and less stressed person. In 2021, I bought, Pomeranian, Maltese and Shih-Tzu puppies and they are all adorable although a bit pricey. But I understand that the breeder needs to bring them to the clinic for vaccination and deworming aside from providing them food and vitamins. Only last month, we adopted a mother Aspin stray dog and her litter. Once you started acquiring and engaging with dogs then it's hard to stop cause you will fall in love with them. But as they say, the dog is the only creature on earth who loves you more than he loves himself. Dog Therapy is a type of therapy that uses dogs or other pets to improve the physical and mental health of patients with certain acute or chronic diseases. It is being studied as a way to relieve distress in cancer patients undergoing treatm...

“Mr. Simple” Super Junior- Music Video and Lyrics

Super Junior has officially released the music video of their title track for their fifth studio album "Mr. Simple." Here's a description of the 'Music Video' courtesy of the uploader SMTOWN Introduction Leader of Global Korean Wave, Super Junior, Returns to Korea at Last! Releasing the 5th Album 'Mr. Simple' on August 3rd! The leader of global Korean Wave who mesmerized the whole world beyond Korea, Super Junior, is finally returning home with the 5th album. The title song, 'Mr. Simple', is a 'SJ FUNKY' song created for Super Junior only, and it can be considered as the final version of 'SJ FUNKY' following 'SORRY, SORRY' and 'BONAMANA' that became a worldwide hit. The lyric describes the reality where modern people living in a complicated world failing to achieve what they intended to and losing their love and dreams without the breadth of mind in a simple way with humorous and metaphorical words, meaning "...

Tips before Buying Shih-tzu, Pomeranian Puppies

Are you a dog lover who are planning to buy an imported dog breed soon? Here are some of the tips and considerations before buying one. Rule Number one is that you should have a budget for the fur baby. Buying a "budget meal" puppy more often times leads to trouble since you don't know the history of the puppy.  A quality shih-tzu, pomeranian or maltese puppies should have a Philippine Canine Club Inc Certificate(PCCI). The PCCI is a nonstock, nonprofit, service-oriented corporation established for the primary purpose of handling the registration of the growing number of pure-bred dogs in the country. It is internationally recognized as the only registering body for pedigreed dogs in the country and is an active member of two international canine organizations, the 90 member Federation Cynologique International (FCI) based in Brussels, Belgium.  photo credit: Eillen Greys It is always better if you will re-home a dog when it is already 4 to 5 months old. By that time, a l...

There are 34 Million Single Persons in the Philippines

According to the most recent data from Philippine Statistics Authority, there are 34,487,076 single persons in the Philippines aged 10 years and over from a total of 109 million population in the Philippines. While persons in common-law/live-in marital arrangements continued to increase since 2010, the number of single individuals shrunk slightly from 2015 to 2020. There are more single males than females across all regions and across age groups below 60 years old. Davo de Oro, Davao Occidental and Apayao had the highest sex ratio while, Sulu, City of San Juan and Lanao del Sur had the lowest. Sex ratio stands at 103 males per 100 females 1. The sex ratio in the Philippines was computed at 103 in 2020. This means that there were 103 males for every 100 females. The sex ratio in 2015 was slightly lower at 102 males per 100 females. (Figure 2) 2. In 2020, children aged below 15 years had a sex ratio of 107 males per 100 females, while those aged 15 to 64 years had a sex ratio of 103 male...

TikTok Viewer Job gone viral

I have posted a story about the company offering a Tiktok Viewer job that has gone viral. Is there such job posting as Tiktok viewer? How much is the salary being a TikTok Viewer? I received a message on my "Whatsapp" account asking me if I can be a TikTok viewer and work from home with good remuneration. She said she got my number from Linkedin  and/or Jobstreet. When I accepted the job offer, I was unsure if it was legit. I heard about some home-based typing jobs and think that it might be a valid job since the recruiter told me he is working in a particular company, which I  "Google" and saw a legit Website. To register for the job you just need to send them your name, age and mobile number. After accepting my registration they sent P100 pesos to my GCash number as a sign-up bonus. The so-called "The Manager" asked me to install Telegraph apps and joined me in a group chat. There, The Manager" will send a task like Task No. 3 with the link to the T...

Important Information about Google Buzz Class Action Settlement

This is just for information: Just received this information from my Google inbox and it is actually addressed to everyone in the U.S. who uses Gmail and as noted and quoted from the body of the letter " Just to be clear, this is not a settlement in which people who use Gmail can file to receive compensation. Everyone in the U.S. who uses Gmail is included in the settlement, unless you personally decide to opt out before December 6, 2010".  And here is the complete body of the e-mail: Google rarely contacts Gmail users via email, but we are making an exception to let you know that we've reached a settlement in a lawsuit regarding Google Buzz ( http://buzz.google.com ), a service we launched within Gmail in February of this year. Shortly after its launch, we heard from a number of people who were concerned about privacy. In addition, we were sued by a group of Buzz users and recently reached a settlement in this case. The settlement acknowledges that we quickly changed the...